Do you want the reward of seeing a child respond to God’s love? Then we need you! Colonial Heights Presbyterian church is looking for a Children’s Ministry Director. This is a part-time job up to 30 hours a week reporting directly to the Senior Pastor. The Children’s Ministry Director oversees the life and direction of the elementary ministry operations, teaching and volunteer care (birth through 5th grade).
- Coordinating and maintaining excellent elementary ministry operations, including Sunday mornings, mid-week programs and special events/ projects.
- Developing weekly thematic plans and selecting appropriate focus and activities for children and students (birth through 5th grade) with participatory emphasis
- Communicating plans to staff, volunteer teams and church in a timely manner
- Supervising and facilitating children’s activities: games, small groups, spiritual formation
- Recruiting and training volunteers to assistant with children’s activities