We are seeking a Business Administrator to assist with the overall administration of the church to better fulfill its mission of ministering to the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all of God’s people. The Business Administrator will serve as the internal accountant for the church and will also be responsible for the daily administration of the church. Compensation will be commensurate with education, training, and experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and other support material to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be subject to a background check. Click below for full job description.
- Excellent organizational skills with working knowledge of church systems including congregational policies, procedures, and office systems.
- Practical experience in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation.
- Analytical skills required for financial reporting and maintaining accurate records.
- Exhibits mature judgment while handling duties and confidential materials.
- Works well with others – including members of the staff, congregation, guests, and volunteers.
- Works independently without close supervision.
- Versatile, flexible and can adapt to changing priorities as needed.
The Business Administrator is responsible to work according to the policies and procedures established by the Session and Head of Staff. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
For a detailed list of duties and responsibilities, see the full job description linked above.
- Financial Accounting
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
- Database experience with church management software, such as Realm by ACS Technologies preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).